Reliable Carb. Kit source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable Carb. Kit source?

Time to get to work cleaning and tuning the carbs. on my 1982 GS850G. Can anyone suggest a reliable place to get carb. kits at a reasonable price? Its got Mikoni carb. on it at the moment, and its running super rich on numbers 3 & 4 (fouled plugs, blue pipes, and white smoke).

Thanks,
    Grif

I've ordered carb rebuild kits from
    http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/ and was pleased with them. Quick delivery too.

Your comment of super rich, fouled plugs, blue pipes and white smoke confuses me though. Fouled plugs give cold exhaust temps. Blue pipes come from high exhaust temps. White smoke is usually oil burning.

Earl

Originally posted by Grif
    Time to get to work cleaning and tuning the carbs. on my 1982 GS850G. Can anyone suggest a reliable place to get carb. kits at a reasonable price? Its got Mikoni carb. on it at the moment, and its running super rich on numbers 3 & 4 (fouled plugs, blue pipes, and white smoke).

Thanks,
    Grif
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion. The fouled plugs were giving no exhaust because the 3 & 4 cyl weren't firing. The pipes are blue at the back but okay at the front, which I was told indicated the bike had run rich (also explains the fouled plugs). When we replaced the 3 & 4 plugs, the bike ran (rich again).

The white smoke might be another issue seperate from the carborators. We think it might just be moisture in the pipe from sitting over 6 months before we bought it. It only comes from the right side pipe, which is connected to the 2 cyl that had not been firing.

Thanks,
      Grif

Comment

Howdy from another Texan. Try www.z1enterprises.com as a reliable source for your carb kits. They actually stock what they sell on their web site. Tell them wiredgeorge sent you. I live and run my business out in the Texas Hill Country and I don't sell carb kits... I try and make the GS Hill Country ride when time permits but it falls in the middle of my busy season for carb work so it is tough...

Comment

Working...
        X