Choke cable question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke cable question

Just wanted to say thanks again for the help in my last couple threads.

One side problem I'm looking at that I hope will be easy to fix deals with the choke cable. The cable has come loose on the engine end. I can identify where it goes, but it doesn't seem to attach properly. I'm told theres supposed to be a little metal piece that fits between the pegs on a small bracket to hold the end of the cable wire in place. Where would I find such a thing, or do new choke cables come with them?

As a side note, can anyone tell me the name of this piece and the name of the bracket it attaches to? I'm still pretty new at this...

Thanks,
    Grif
    Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2006, 11:26 PM.

Does anyone at least have a picture that shows the area where the choke cable connects to the engine on a GS850G so I know what I'm looking for?

Comment

I'll take a picture for you as I have a set of carbs off of the bike. Hang tight.

Comment

Thanks JayH. The guys at the dealership had no clue what I was talking about, and I can't figure out the name of the part to order it online...

Comment

Choke Cable Bracket

Looking at the fiche on http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm it is held on to carb number 3 under the rear screws for the vacuum chamber. Their description is "Item 34, Part number 13621-45160, BRACKET. They say the part is discontinued and to e-mail them the part number and they will send an alternate. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks a million fgh

Comment

Working...
            X