Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Points and Condensers for 1977 GS750B

Hi all,

I am looking at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4624840619 a tune-up kit on eBay for my bike which included the Points and Condensers. I was asked to check the mmanufacturer of my ignition system. I was told that there are 2 types of manufacturers for these, they are either KOK or DK.

How do I find out what they are? I opened the ignition cover where the Points and the Condensers are located but did not see any name or brand on them. Does anyone know if these points and condensers would be the right one for my bike?

Can anyone help me with this please? My ride is a 1977 GS750B. It is Canadian version.

Thanks...

I just read the thread referenced and there was a major mistake in the 1st thread referenced that got through with no one noticing. The information given is opposite what it should be.
    The correct identification is nippondenso point sets have ONE mounting screw and the kokosan (KD) sets have TWO mounting screws.

The 2nd thread Beby referenced has the correct information.

Earl
    Last edited by earlfor; 03-24-2006, 09:05 PM.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. That was simple but I asked many bike shops around where I live and was told to look in the manual.

I will look at the points tonight when I get home. Once again, thankssssss..

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
        I just read the thread referenced and there was a major mistake that got through with no one noticing. The information given is opposite what it should be.
        The correct identification is nippondenso point sets have ONE mounting screw and the kokosan (KD) sets have TWO mounting screws.

Earl
        Was the post edited ???

Comment

The mistake is in the 1st thread referenced by Beby. I do not believe it has been edited. The 2nd thread referenced gives correct information. The incorrect information was not given by me, so I cannot edit it.

Earl

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          Was the post edited ???
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X