Dyna S Red wire HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna S Red wire HELP

I cant figure out were to hook up the red wire to on the dyna s black and white i found but not red. bike is a 1979 gs 750. can someone be real specific and i still cant get the lobe off my electronic advance plate either. thanks
    Last edited by odl777; 03-25-2006, 04:59 PM.

The red wire goes to the ignition switch, or any 12 volt source that is only on when the key is on. The lobe comes off by spreading the weights on the advance. Spread them out and it will slide off.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

You can also hook the red wire to the orange/white wire. That is the original power supply line for the coils.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

so i can hook it straight up to the ornage and white wire on the coils. do i have to use the lil adaptr the kit cam ewith. it says i have to use bothe coil wires to one red wire tanks. thanks for the help

Comment

You only need a switched 12 v + power source. Either of the orange/white coil wires is fine. Hooking to both will not acoomplish anything. You may use any
          standard quality electrical connector you wish. Do not just twist the wires together though.

Earl

Originally posted by odl777
          so i can hook it straight up to the ornage and white wire on the coils. do i have to use the lil adaptr the kit cam ewith. it says i have to use bothe coil wires to one red wire tanks. thanks for the help
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
          X