very quick question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very quick question...

I need to know if a valve cover gasket from a 80-81 gs750 will fit on my 83 gs750 es? I have one avalible and i dont feel like going to the dealer for another one...

I don't have experience with the 750 of these years, but I looked on www.alpha-sports.com for you and the gaskets for the 80-81 750 are NOT the same part number as the gasket for the 83 750ES. Also, if you look at the parts breakdown for each bike on there you can see that the gaskets look different too. The 83 ES gasket looks like it has the "half moon" end plugs built into the gasket. Take a look for yourself with the link above. Good luck.

Comment

It should be a perfect match.

Earl

Originally posted by morbidphil0622
      I need to know if a valve cover gasket from a 80-81 gs750 will fit on my 83 gs750 es? I have one avalible and i dont feel like going to the dealer for another one...
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

hmmmm... ok. I suppose I will try it. We'll see what happens

Comment

???

hmmmm... ok. I suppose I will try it. We'll see what happens
          Did you check the parts breakdowns? The pictures look totally diferent. Was my advice wrong? I'd like to know how it turns out...

Comment

No your advice was absolutley right. I physically compared the two and they are very similar but also very different. Like you stated the half moon plugs are missing on the 80-81 gasket and they also have a different bend on the inner most part of the gasket where the 83 gasket is straight. I suppose you could make it fit but it isnt worth the hassle. I am going to stick with the proper gasket. Thank you for your help. I need to find a helicoil to fix a stripped bolt hole before I do anythinh though. Anybody know what size kit I might need for the front right bolt on the valve cover gasket? it is on carb #4 side

Comment

I know in 83, Suzuki resized the lower cases, but I didnt realize they changed the valvecover. Sorry about that.

Earl

No your advice was absolutley right. I physically compared the two and they are very similar but also very different. Like you stated the half moon plugs are missing on the 80-81 gasket and they also have a different bend on the inner most part of the gasket where the 83 gasket is straight. I suppose you could make it fit but it isnt worth the hassle. I am going to stick with the proper gasket. Thank you for your help. I need to find a helicoil to fix a stripped bolt hole before I do anythinh though. Anybody know what size kit I might need for the front right bolt on the valve cover gasket? it is on carb #4 side
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Not a problem at all... hey, now you know...

Comment

Working...
                X