GS850 Idle screw and Carb synck Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Idle screw and Carb synck Question

I am trying to synch the carbs of my gs850. I am using a homeade synch tool it seems to work very well. I understand that number three is set and that i set the rest to it. My question is do you set the idle mixture screws first or do you synch them first. If anyone has the process that they used or that the manual calls for I would appreciate it. thanks

Carb sync!

WOW! I've been checking out ways to make my own sync'r too! Can you please let me know how you made yours? And what all is involved? Step by step, if ya can! I'd love to find an easier way of doing it! And a less expensive way too! I'd be all ears to know what you had to do to make yours! Thanks. I have never did what your question is, but will in the near future as soon as I can get one made! Thanks..Ron.....

Comment

synch tool

Its really not that hard. and its cheap, costs under 5 bucks. Instead trying to explain it I will take a picture of it for you. And if anyone could tell me how to set the idle moxtures screws and then the correct process for synching that would be great.

Comment

Sync!

I'll really be looking forward to seeing that! Really! Good luck w/your post. I know you'll get an answer pretty soon! These guys are great!

Comment

What year is your 850? If its pre-1980 the synch process is a little different (VM carbs) from 1980 on......

Comment

it is a 1980 gs850g. cv carbs i do believe.

Comment

Idle mixture screws

You should set the idle mixture screws first. Set each one till you reach highest rpm. Lower the main idle screw after each one you set. This is for CV carb which are the right ones if you have an 80.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
              X