Carb info req'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb info req'

Right folks, the engine that is about to be fitted into my GS1000 has a 1085cc kit and ported/flowed head fitted. I am aware that if I keep the standard carbs they will struggle to flow enough to feed it and strangle any gains in performance. What carbs would be an easy swap? I don't want all out performance and would like to avoid trips to a dyno to have them set up.
    I have been told that EFE carbs would be a good start (if I can get some) but would be interested to know what other people have used. I would rather use a slide type carb over CV's but beggers can't be choosers

Cheers,
    Mark...

No one fitted other carbs onto a GS then......:-(

Comment

What year is you GS ?? If it is 79 or older with the 26 mm VM carbs you are stuck. Their are some Co. that will bore your carbs to 28 mm I have no knoweledge how it works Other option 29mm smooth bores very $$$$

Comment

The Mikuni VM 29 smoothbores are perfect for your bike if you can locate a good set. 33 smoothbores work too but are harder to tune in my opinion. Newer CR Keihins work well too. But expect to go through typical jetting scenario.
        I'd prefer the 29's. Trick is finding a solid set.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks for the info gents;-)

Comment

Working...
          X