No announcement yet.

Tank reserve question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could also get the adapter plate for the pingle and then get the drag specialties petcock.... just get the one with the 3/8 npt and it will fit the pingle adapter plate.. the D S petcock runs about 20-25.. if you check with dennis kirk catalogs they have the drag specialties in the harley tank section and the adapter plate is in the metric cruiser section..

Just $.02 worth.

Comment

If you buy a cheaper petcock make sure you know whether or not it has a reserve function that works like the Suzuki original. If its not an issue for you then pick one and go with it. I had too many pre-Pingel recomendations to not buy one. My gas mileage got better because I was no longer sucking extra fuel down the #2 carb that was leaking past the diaphram (the first and the second replacements).:-D

Comment

the one I looked at and am buying has the three positions on it... run off res... otherwise I would not have considered it..

Comment

When I bought my GS650 the petcock was stuck at res. Discovered that the hard way when it started sputtering and I reached down to switch it and it wouldn't budge. I've fixed it now. Mine has three settings. Run, Res and PRM.

What is PRM?

Comment

petcock

does yours have a vacuum line that opens petcock when on run and reserve ,prime is used to fill bowls and lets you drain your tank, it should not be left on because if your float valve leaks you got a mess to deal with

Comment

Working...
            X