Which triple trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which triple trees?

Ok, so I am deep into my dual disc conversion swap on my '77 GS750. Here's what I have:

Mag wheel with dual slotted discs from an 81 750E
    Forks from same 81 750E
    Master cyl and calipers and lines from an 80 GS850 (Bolts up fine to calipers, etc)

Put everything together today to find that earlfor was correct, it doesn't look like there is enough space between the forks for it all to fit. I tried to get everything in place but there just isn't enough space. I am assuming that I need to score a different triple tree setup that will widen the forks a touch. What would work in this application? I am really close to completion. It's killing me to have it sitting there all torn apart!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

After going outside to look at it again, there has to be a way to get this all working with what I have. If I got a new wider set of triple trees, I would have to get a new headlight assembly, front chrome thing (with the reflectors on each side), etc. How is my setup any different than a 78-79 GS750 that had dual discs? Maybe the spacer on the right side and/or the speedo drive assembly is smaller...?

Comment

As you have found you need different tripples Are your forks 35mm ?? That will bring up another problem your stem brgs are balls the later dual disk have tapered bearings The chrome would need replacement, the headlight could be shimmed very easy I have a set from a GS550 I dont know if it was dual
      How wide is yours between the tubes
      Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2006, 03:52 AM.

Comment

some pictures might be nice

Comment

Working...
        X