Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would these carbs work good for me? Auction ends soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would these carbs work good for me? Auction ends soon!

Hey guys! I am wondering if these carbs would be a good choice for me. I have a 83 gs750ed with some pretty abused carbs. I've been trying to find something like these for a while. Would they work good? Thanks for all the help y'all!

Also what all will be involved in making them work on my bike? Thanks!!!

Comment

I'm certainly no expert, but the engine side of those carbs look significantly different than the carbs on my '82 1100.

These should all be better candidates; someone can correct me if I'm wrong:

(I dunno about the jetting in these vs. your displacement, but other than that, these are all early 80's CV carbs, which is what you should have now.

Comment

Well I really wanted to go with flatslides, but I don't know what all is involved. I just wanted to get the carbs and then figure it out from there. I just need to know if these are a good starting platform or not...Thanks away_man!
        Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2006, 07:57 PM.

Comment

i would try and find a stock set if i were you, then rejet..

I can only imagine that those carbs would be very painful to get your motor running with...

But it never hurts to try i guess
          1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

38's are going to be too much carb for your bike. 34's would be a better choice if you don't want stock. Watch for early model GSXR flatslide CV's.

Comment

Using a colour tune would help you set them up right........

The main problems that you can have are going to be size on your rubbers between the carb and the engine plus plus the distance apart they are. No 1 may fit OK but 2 would be tight, 3 and 4 unable to fit whioch then lead to lots of playing around with the mounting bracket and balance pipes.

Try and find a similar replacement to original and then up jet rather than changing.

Suzuki mad

1981 GS1000E
              1983 GSX1100ESD

Comment

Hey thanks for the help guys! Good thing I had to rush out of the house and miss the auction I guess! So should I be looking for like 86 750 carbs or ?...Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS750
                  Those should work out quite nicely and they do have flatslides.

Comment

Hate to be a pain, but what all would I need to do to get these fitted up? Will they fit as they are, on their rack and all? I like the idea of a different choke setup!

Comment

Carb spacing will be the same. They will be a tight squeeze on the manifolds but will fit. I run RS34 flatslides on my stock manifolds.

Comment

Awesome Billy! I really appreciate all your help! Thank you much!

Comment

I believe the '86 GSXR 750 carbs were 31mm (from 29mm in '85) You will want the 34's off the GSXR1100-1986 and 87. They will bolt right up and even use your stock throttle cable.

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolGS
                            I believe the '86 GSXR 750 carbs were 31mm (from 29mm in '85) You will want the 34's off the GSXR1100-1986 and 87. They will bolt right up and even use your stock throttle cable.
                            Ed you may be right, it's been a long time since I've seen the specs on them. Even 31's would be adequate.

Comment

Working...
                            X