Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with tank problem

hi all

just wondering how the best way to get a dint out of a tank would be. it onlt small and if i had to i could just fill with bog but would rather not. also my bike (gs 1100g) has a black engine but the paint looks daggy so i was wondering whether repainting the engine black would have an adverse affect on the running and heat with the engine. the reason i am asking is that where i live the average daytime temp is betweem 30-35 degrees C.

any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated

cheers

Sorry I can't help with the tank...

I'm not sure if S100 brand motorcycle cleaning products are available in Australia, but apparently a number of people have had good luck with S100 Engine Brightener returning the engine to shiny black. Should be cheaper and much easier than painting if the black paint has merely gone gray.

Repainting the engine means getting a high-temp black paint. There are a number of posts here on the GSResources that you can find with the search function.

Comment

bump any other suggestions anyone???

Comment

Have a look through the appearance mods forum, or do a general search on this one. There was a recent thread about some stuff that restores the look of black motors. People said nice things about it. And it might be available here in Oz.

Kim

Comment

Working...
        X