'81750EX Speedo Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'81750EX Speedo Replacement

Is there a speedo out there to replace the original max. 85mph one. These bike can go much more than that, and I'd like to see how much more.Will a later model fit into the cluster. I know I can bolt an aftermarket to the bars, but would look cheesy.

It'd be cheaper and safer to buy a mag with an original road test. They used to show top speed. My 1100 was supposed to top out at 141 mph, but I'll never test that!

Comment

If I wanted safer, I'd have got a GK, not an EX. My 750 has all reworked motor. V&H racing pipes, 1100 cams & valves, Dynajet stage3 jets & K&N air filters ( no airbox). Progressive Suspension springs & shocks plus fork brace keeps it on ground. Cafe bars & fairing help with wind, so should be much faster than stock. Just how much is in question with lame speedo.

Comment

I guess I'm just getting old. I chose the base engine in my minivan!

Comment

Don't know about the 750s but the 1100s had the 85 mph speedo until 83.
          The 82 to 83 is just a simple switch for the 1100s (I'm doing mine right now).
          Try looking at the fiche on BikeBandit to see if the 83 model at least looks like it would fit.
          I know that the 82/83 speedo wouldn't fit the instrument cluster on the 81 1100.
          You might be better off to try to replace the entire instrument panel with an 83 or later model. At least all the gauges would look alike and you wouldn't have the "sore thumb" of a mis-matched speedo.
          Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X