Single Vs Dual Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Vs Dual Master Cylinder

Is there a difference between a single and dual MC on a 81 gs750. Im guessing that the duals have more capacity but not sure.

thanks,

eric

You can look up the answer for yourself at this site: http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm
    I'd be suprised if they were the same. Single & dual Master cylinders are different on the older 2 valve GS's.

Terry

Comment

The difference is in the flow of fluid per stroke. If you install a mater from a dual disk bike on another bike with a single disk, There will be reduced travel and feedback on the front brake lever. I've tried it and I wouldnt say its terrible, but it is different. You may or may not feel comfortable with it or like it.

I would not do the opposite and install a single master onto a dual system. I'm not sure there would be enough fluid displacment to operate the front brakes satisfactorily.

Earl

Originally posted by ericox
      Is there a difference between a single and dual MC on a 81 gs750. Im guessing that the duals have more capacity but not sure.

thanks,

eric
      Last edited by earlfor; 04-03-2006, 08:49 PM.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

sorry, i didnt get to be very thurough(sp) before since they actually want me to work around here.
        My situation is that I have a 82 gs750TZ which has the drum rears and single front disks. My parts bike (81' 750E) has disks rear and dual disk front. I am switching these over but the mastercylinder is busted in the parts bike. I wasnt sure if I could have used mine (single) for the new setup (dual). I assumed its a bad idea to use the single.

thanks,

eric

Comment

I have a master cylinder from an 650L model, and from a 650G model (82). The M/C from the G model is all rusty and seized, so I was planning on using the L model M/C (cuz I know it works). I'm going to have to check my service manual, and find out what the difference is. From the P/n's at Alpha motorsports, looks like diameter.

Comment

i got one on the way, cant wait to get this thing back on the road. It will be nice to actually have back brakes (drums were either no brakes or locked up).

Comment

do you guys happen to know if all the round type of master cylinders where the same. The one i got (not sure what model its from) is missing the diaphram, i just wanted to make sure before I order one.

Comment

Working...
              X