No announcement yet.

Running on cylinders 1 and 4 help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would the carbs cause a problem for the cylinders not to fire or be cold. thanks for all the help so far i'll look into the carbs somemore.

Comment

Originally posted by odl777
      would the carbs cause a problem for the cylinders not to fire or be cold. thanks for all the help so far i'll look into the carbs somemore.
      It would be odd for two carbs to do this, especially two cylinders that fire off the same coil.

Comment

This is advice from another thread, give it a try.
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=89528

Comment

Thanks i am going to try that. My bike is a gs 750 1979 will it work to test it.

Comment

My bike is a 79 i dont think it has an ignitor or with a dyna s i thought you didnt need one?

Comment

My bike is a 79 i dont think it has an ignitor or with a dyna s i thought you didnt need one?
              Skip the ignitor part. You can at least test the coils and if you find out the spec for the Dyna then you can check that out as well. You should be able to find out from Dyna or someone here what readings to look for.

Comment

Is it possible for my dyna s that i just bought is bad all ready

Comment

Make sure all the wires are hooked up under there. Maybe they are falling off. I had a coil wire come off at the track and the bike nosed over so hard I almost went over the handle bars.
                  EULC ON

Comment

Danm that was probly a lil crazy uh. thanks i'll check that too.

Comment

what does a rectifier do. would this be my problem possible.

Comment

what does a rectifier do. would this be my problem possible.
                        The R/R converts the AC current from the stator to DC and controls voltage. It really shouldn't have anything to do with your problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X