'81 850 Petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'81 850 Petcock

I think one of my fuel feed problems is related to the petcock not functioning properly. What would you guys recommend as a aftermarket replacement.

I'd recommend trying a petcock rebuild kit (can be installed without removing the petcock from the tank), and if that doesn't work, buying a used one off of eBay.

Pingle makes great petcocks and an adaptor plate to fit our tanks, but they're kinda expensive...

Comment

Bought a rebuild kit off of e-bay didn't make any differfence fuel seems not to flow properly. I followed some advise from the forum took off the fuel cap and behold bike did somewhat idle more than with cap on.
      I trying to convince myself the petcock is one of my problems.

Comment

If it works better with the tank cap off then it may be the vent in the cap. If it's partially clogged it won't let air in fast enough so the gas can't flow out as quickly as the engine needs it.

Have you checked/replaced the hoses (both fuel and vacuum)? They could also cause flow problems.

Comment

Pingel is the big name here. But they are expensive and you'll have to remember to turn it off manually when you shut your engine off.

Comment

Working...
          X