Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil smells of Gas???

Hi,
    I am a concerned because my oil smells of gas and there is also a clanking noise coming from one of the cylinders i think it might not be lubricating properly.What do you think i should do.
    Thanks,
    Jo

leaky petcock? is this after it sits for a while?

Comment

i use it atleast once aweek.It was shipped from minesota though to the bahamas for about a month.does this help you.
      thanks jo

Comment

might drain a bit of oil to see if, in fact, there is fuel in the oil. If there is I would suspect a leaky petcock, that would fill up the carbs and the cylinders and leak down into the oil. is it tough to start... like its flooded? does it use an excessive amount of fuel?

the only reason I say this is because my old ninja did that exact thing.

Comment

no it is not tough to start but i will test the oil today.what should i look out for?Can you also tell me how i should check the petcock?
          thanks a million,
          Jo
          P.S I don't have a manual yet.

Comment

not sure how to test the petcock.

you could try smelling the oil or light it on fire

Comment

O.K
              thanks alot for your help.I will setup a new thread to see if anyone knows how to do it.

Comment

List the year and model in your new post if you haven't already do so

Comment

Working...
                X