Ignition Points Identification....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition Points Identification....

Just scored a huge lot of genuine Suzuki ignition points, planning on reselling them to you guys fairly cheaply and the rest will go to ebay for fun and profit.
    I have only the Suzuki part numbers, trying to figure out which models they fit.
    Anybody know of a site I can cross reference these part numbers?
    I will give a GREAT deal on a set of points or two to the person who helps me out here, IF I have your set.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Bike Bandit

you can go to www.bikebandit.com, click on the orange "OEM Parts" tab, input various models and get the part number for the points for that model.

Comment

Single screw mount points are ND (Nippondenso). Points with two screw mounts are KD (Kokosan).

Earl

Originally posted by tkent02
      Just scored a huge lot of genuine Suzuki ignition points, planning on reselling them to you guys fairly cheaply and the rest will go to ebay for fun and profit.
      I have only the Suzuki part numbers, trying to figure out which models they fit.
      Anybody know of a site I can cross reference these part numbers?
      I will give a GREAT deal on a set of points or two to the person who helps me out here, IF I have your set.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Bike bandit doesn't seem to use the original Suzuki numbering system...

all different numbers from what I have. For instance, I have
        25 sets of 32240-12020, Bikebandit doesn't show numbers anything like this.
        Alpha-sports has this style numbers but no way to cross reference to which bike they fit.
        Keep the ideas coming please.
        Tom
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Points ID

According to my 750 parts manual, the Nippon-Denso was used on some '77's, all '78's and '79's (single mounting screw per point set, as others have noted).

Part Nos. 33172-36210 (right point set); 31440-36210 (left point set)

Some '77's had the Kokusan system (two mounting screws per point set):

Part Nos. 33140-45020 (right point set); 33160-45020 (left point set).

I'm definitely interested in one/some N-D sets, if you've got any.

Comment

Working...
          X