Neck bearings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neck bearings?

Searched around a bit on this, but didn't see the answer I'm looking for.

I finally got around to taking my bike for a ride yesterday, and got about a block away from where it's parked before I decided it's not rideable.
    The steering binds at center and requires a fair amount of effort to turn the handlebars. I'm sure it needs bearings and probably races from the feel of it. Shouldn't matter, but someone changed the handlebars to lower, shorter units at some point.
    Anyone happen to have bearing numbers handy so I can get the parts before tearing into it?

The bike is a 1981 GS850G.

Thanks,

Just bought some from ebay motors....My bike, same problem...

motorcycle parts/Suzuki/GS850/GS1000/GS1100

It think they were like 27.00 incl. shipping. Fit perfect.
    Hugh

Comment

You might try to loosen the top triple clamp up and retorque the stem nut. Maybe somebody over did it while they were messing around up there.... It's easy to overtighten the stem nut.

Comment

sounds like they're toast to me...

Comment

Originally posted by spots25
          sounds like they're toast to me...

http://www.allballsracing.com/index.htm
          That's what I'm afraid of. If it were just hard to turn I'd think the preload might be excessive, but that stopping in the middle bit has me worried.

Comment

Originally posted by courier11sec
            That's what I'm afraid of. If it were just hard to turn I'd think the preload might be excessive, but that stopping in the middle bit has me worried.
            thats exactly what my v45 Sabre did, and a headstem bearing change fixed all that

Comment

Working...
            X