Engine flush... Can it be done???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine flush... Can it be done???

Once again I have another question. The last time I changed my oil it was quite dark and dirty. The only problem was that it had only been a coupple of weeks since I had changed it before. The bike had been sitting for quite some time before I took it over but has been ridden for about the last 4 months. Is there any way I can flush the engine like you can do in a car? Or will this destroy, destroy, and destroy some more. Most everything is the same as your car but the whole wet clutch thing scares me when it comes to motor flushing.. Let me know if this has been done before because I have a bit of spare time on my hands while I wait for my new petcock... Thanks, Jason

Originally posted by morbidphil0622
    Once again I have another question. The last time I changed my oil it was quite dark and dirty. The only problem was that it had only been a coupple of weeks since I had changed it before. The bike had been sitting for quite some time before I took it over but has been ridden for about the last 4 months. Is there any way I can flush the engine like you can do in a car? Or will this destroy, destroy, and destroy some more. Most everything is the same as your car but the whole wet clutch thing scares me when it comes to motor flushing.. Let me know if this has been done before because I have a bit of spare time on my hands while I wait for my new petcock... Thanks, Jason
    Mine was dirty too and i just changed the oil every 500 miles and the filter every 1000 and now its the way it should be, 3000 miles later!

Comment

Is there any metal shavings or chips in the oil?
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

screw the flush just drop the oil pan and clean that and the screen with kerosene then just change the oil every 500 miles for the first 1500, you should be fine. after you drop the oil pan you will see how flush won't have even touched that sludge.

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
          screw the flush just drop the oil pan and clean that and the screen with kerosene then just change the oil every 500 miles for the first 1500, you should be fine. after you drop the oil pan you will see how flush won't have even touched that sludge.

-ryan
          Good point. Takes all of maybe 10 minutes to drop it if the pipes are out of the way and about the same to reinstall. I just got a used one for my bike to replace the original one with a stripped, repaired, and seeping drain.

Comment

Sweet, I will give it a shot... hope it isnt as caked up as my car was..

Comment

I've gotta do that too. So much to do,...

Comment

Working...
              X