Is this a problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a problem?

I was riding home today from work on my GS450L when I stopped at a light and the idle stayed at about 1500 RPM instead of dropping to the normal 1100 RPM. It did the same thing all of the way home. I wiggled the choke a little since it was off now that it was warmed up and she stalled. The bike started again with the choke off without any problems. Is this a problem? Any suggestions?
    For background...The plugs only have a hundred miles on them and when I pulled them today they were a nice grey color. The carb boot O rings are only about a year old and other than this little thing she runs like a champ.
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

If it runs fine, starts normally, plugs look normal and everything seems normal, I would just turn down the idle adjustment knob one click and not worry about it.

Earl

Originally posted by snark
    I was riding home today from work on my GS450L when I stopped at a light and the idle stayed at about 1500 RPM instead of dropping to the normal 1100 RPM. It did the same thing all of the way home. I wiggled the choke a little since it was off now that it was warmed up and she stalled. The bike started again with the choke off without any problems. Is this a problem? Any suggestions?
    For background...The plugs only have a hundred miles on them and when I pulled them today they were a nice grey color. The carb boot O rings are only about a year old and other than this little thing she runs like a champ.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Is there any chance your throttle cable(s) are dry?
      Last edited by Guest; 04-07-2006, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Stuck throttle cable or you are running hot. How is your oil level?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Oil level is fine, that was my first thought...it has been a while since I oiled the throttle cable though.
          1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
          The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Working...
          X