Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'80 GS850G will not start for the season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'80 GS850G will not start for the season?

OK, battery fully charged, gas with Stabil in in the tank. Fresh oil in it over the winter. Sat all winter in a HEATED dehumidified garage!!

Put the fuel petcock to prime for a minute. Then pulled the choke out full, tried and tired for MANY times. Choke in choke out petcock at ON, on prime NOTHING, uuntil I smelt the gas from it flooding??

Is the kill switch set to "run". It may have been bumped over the winter.

I have have done it before.

Allen

Comment

Any spark at all? Does it kick over and try to catch at all? If not sounds like a ground went or something. Check your fuses too.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Anything I own will usually start no matter what if you push start it...

Comment

Gonna be warm (well, warmer) next week. Lets get this ol' friend running.

When you say 'battery fully charged', tell us more. How old is battery? What did you do over the winter? On a battery tender? Trickel charger for a couple hours before you tried to start it? Check the voltage with a meter?

If I had to quess, I would suspect battery is marginal, more than I would suspect that something has failed over the winter in heated/dehumidified garage. One thing that might help a little bit is to pull the headlight fuse.

What more can you say about battery?
          http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
          Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Working...
          X