Dyna S question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna S question

I'll be installing a Dyna S ingnition on the '79 850 in a couple of days. One question as I begin:

How do you loosen the hex bolt that holds the spark advance assembly to the engine? I've tried with what seems to be a reasonable amount of pressure and so far it ain't comin' loose. I assume its counter clockwise to loosen.

I can put it in gear I suppose or something like that. But any way to get lots of torque without putting all that backward pressure on the innards? Thanks.

The smaller 12mm bolt is the one you need to remove NOT the large nut

Comment

Holy smokes..................saved again. Now I get the design. Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't reef too hard.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mark
        Holy smokes..................saved again. Now I get the design. Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't reef too hard.

Thanks.
        Never be shy about asking for help.

Comment

(mark sits on garage floor, shaking head back and forth for about 2 hours)

Comment

Originally posted by mark
            (mark sits on garage floor, shaking head back and forth for about 2 hours)
            Builds Character Don't It!:razz:
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

yup. when you're a dork, promptly admit it.

Comment

Working...
              X