Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike Mechanics in WV area?

Hey guys,
    I know that there aren't many people from my area on here, but maybe someone knows... I'm looking for a mechanic that will still deal with a 1978 Suzuki GS750E in the WV, eastern Ohio, SW PA or Western VA areas? The guy I had lined up took a new job and can't do it... Local Suzuki shop will not touch bikes over 15 years old. I'm just not having much luck at all. I have not done much mechanical work at all in my life (I'm a computer geek), but I need to get the top seal and head gasket replaced and I just want someone with the knowledge to look over the bike and see if anything else needs done. I have a 40 peice seal kit ready to go, but am a little hesitent about starting into it. I'm more than willing to travel 4 hours to get to someone talented.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2006, 09:36 PM.

Give this a try, post your same question there. If you notice on the right hand side of the page, there are different locations. Post in all of them that apply and I bet you will get a response. Just curious, where you located at?

craigslist provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, services, local community, and events

Good Luck.

Comment

I'm pretty much in the middle of WV, small town... Buckhannon, WV

Comment

Try the Twisted Spoke. They are located in downtown Clarksburg. I'm pretty sure they will work on your bike.:shock: Tom

Comment

Thanks guys,
          I'm heading to Lexington, KY tomorrow night, so I will have to look up the Twisted Spoke next week. I may have a lead on a guy here in my town. Just opened a shop 2 months ago, but he has been working on bikes for years.

Comment

Originally posted by runewolf
            I'm pretty much in the middle of WV, small town... Buckhannon, WV
            Ah yes, used to drive thruogh there on the way to the Mts to go trout fishin. I grew up in New Martinsville, which is about 34 miles below wheeling on ther river.

Good luck with the shop hunting.

Comment

grew up in Glenville, from which Buckhannon was "the big city"!! didn't get my ride until a few years ago out here, so I gots nothing for ya. Good to hear from back home tho!! g'luck!!

Comment

Hey rune, I cant offer much help, but just thought Id say hey to a fellow WV guy. You must be dealing with smitty's??? Im from bluefield originally but Im "doing time" at marshall in huntington now. My roommate (who rides a katana) is from buckhannon.

East end cycle, the suzuki/kawasaki dealer here in huntington told me they could do a carb sync on my GS. If you cant find anyone else give them a call at 304-529-3309 and see if they can do it. Ask to speak to Jeff, the mechanic, hes a good guy to talk to.

Comment

well hey there, GStiny, went to marshall myself. heard it's gone even more downhill, if that's possible...

Comment

Originally posted by snowbeard
                    well hey there, GStiny, went to marshall myself. heard it's gone even more downhill, if that's possible...
                    *here goes the hijack* \\/
                    The school has(is) grown quite a bit in the last few years. IMO alot of problems at the top though. I wont complain too much, after all, its free. :-D The town, on the other hand, is headed to hell in a handbasket. Half the pizza places wont deliver after 11, if that tells you anything. Currently theyre filming a movie about the school after the '70 plane crash, so its been a real PITA lately.

Comment

yeah, town was only really bad on fourth and a half alley, and the south end. well, third and fifth were sketchy too... oh and anything past eighth... lol

sorry for the hijack, at least we'll keep your question near the top this way... ;-)

Comment

LOL, hey guys, we could just start a WV GS thread! Didn't know how many people were from the state.

GSstiny, yep it's Smitty's that I was dealing with, we've bought all our bikes there except 1, had a 76 Suzuki 125, a 74 Suzuki 250 (both were street/trail, great bikes!) my GS750E I have now, and a Kawa KX80 (most fun dirtbike I had).
                        But I guess my bike is just too old to be worked on ... I gave Smitty a peice of my mind about it too, so I might not get a good deal if I ever decide to get something newer...

I think Glenville is starting to get a little bigger than Buckhannon now, our only plus is we have a Walmart...

Well guys I'm off to Kentucky for the weekend so have fun, be safe and show off your bikes if it's not pouring the rain!

Comment

thanks

Guys thanks for the help in finding someone to work on my bike. Found a guy in my own backyard that is going to give me a quote tommorrow So wish my bike a speedy (and cheap [-o< ) recovery!

Comment

Working...
                          X