Need carb parts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need carb parts...

Hey guys, I need an air screw spring for my 80 gs850g. I was working on them and lost one. I tried to put wire around the air screw, back it out 2 turns.. now gas is coming out the vent hose and the spark plug !!!!! :shock:

would this make sense that it does this if the washer isn't seated?

thanks

Oh also, the pilot jet, the one with the cap, does it need to be seated or 3/4 - 1 1/4 turn out... Will it run with it seated? Just leaner right?

The missing spring would not make gas come out the over flow. Did you clean the needle & seat -- replace the O ring ???

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      The missing spring would not make gas come out the over flow. Did you clean the needle & seat -- replace the O ring ???
      cleaned all 4 carbs,the o ring was broken, I thought I mentioned it... I also need that too:-D

Comment

Originally posted by adamd
        cleaned all 4 carbs,the o ring was broken, I thought I mentioned it... I also need that too:-D
        Where can I get these parts?

Comment

Sudco, http://www.sudco.com/ .

Comment

Idle mixture screws

I have some, email me your address and I'll drop them in the mail.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I called sudco and they told me the only deal with aftermarket carbs. What gives? Also yes they will (in my experience) run with the pilot screw in all the way. Someone had cranked mine down so tight the tips were lodged in the carb body, still ran good tho. Got 'em out with a pick bent at a right angle and small hammer. Coincidently I now need 8 of them as I have two bikes, '78 1000 and '79 750, and had robbed the screws from the 1000 for the 750 and buggered em up not realizing there was still pieces of screws in the holes so If you have any more of those screws Chef1366 I could use a few also. As for your spring Adamd, you could try a hardware strore. My local mom and pop have a huge box of little springs. They might have little O-rings as well. Your next best bet would be match it up with a spring from a parts carb or "try" to find OEM. It probably can be found in a carb rebuild kit like the one from keyster. Your gas problem does sound like a bad /needle/seat or a misadjusted float. Mine was off just a touch and that one carb would fill and drain repeatedly. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks guys, So why is gas pouring out the air hose between 1 & 2 carbs and the spark plug!?

Comment

Pouring gas is the result of dirty float needles & always defective float seat O rings GET a complete set of O rings from http://www.cycleorings.com
                  For The spring You will need to get a K&L carb kit

Comment

Petcock

Is your petcock connected when the gas is a pouring.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

K&L should have the parts you need. Keep an eye on those small springs and O rings.

Comment

Tis palce used to carry a full line. They may be able to help.
                        http://www.carbparts.com/index.html

Comment

where did you find the screws? I'm also in the market.

Comment

Working...
                          X