ok just one carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok just one carb question

after using the search feature and reading about the CV carbs on my `80 750E, i'm still unsure of one thing. i've been trying to get my bike to run with the airbox removed and i'm having a heck of a time. it'll run like mad on the choke, but won't drop down to idle. and the only way it'll start again is if i put my forearm across all four carb throats at the same time, as if i'm restricting the air intake. is this normal for CV carbs?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-10-2006, 07:18 PM.

You're running way too lean without the stock airbox and filter, which is why it needs the choke. If you have them, try putting them back on for starters.

Comment

You need a jet kit and at least a set of pod filters.

Comment

number of holes in GS750E air filter housing??

when i bought my `80 gs750e a few months ago it was missing a few parts including the airbox ( the one that holds the airfilter, not the one attached to the carbs) so i found one used and bought but i'm not sure what model it came from. it did fit however so i was happy. and it had a K&N style re-usable filter already in it. but upon closer inspection at home i saw that the previous owner of the filter housing had drilled a whole series of dime sized holes in it and expanded what looked like two original silver dollar sized holes to become one big hole. ( why i don't know) anyway i've never had a bike with these CV style carbs and what i'm slowly gathering from several posts i've read is that these bikes need the airboxes installed and airtight to run right. i was trying to get the bike running without any of this stuff connected and it would only run on the choke but would not idle at all. now i'll seal all the extra holes in my filter housing except the two silver dollar size holes and put everything on airtight. hopefully she'll run ok. can any owners of this bike confirm whether TWO holes on the bottom of the housing seem right? any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X