V&H 4 into 1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V&H 4 into 1 question

The crossover pipe on my 850 is rotting away rather quickly now, so I figure I'll put a 4-1 set on. Couple of questions, though. First, any real difference between the Mac and V&H? I see the Mac all over ebay, and usually cheaper that the V&H (which is $320 on CycleReCycle). Also, will I have to consider changing jets? I plan to leave the stock airbox, so I don't know if the new pipes will affect my fuel or not. Thanks.

Originally posted by qslim
    The crossover pipe on my 850 is rotting away rather quickly now, so I figure I'll put a 4-1 set on. Couple of questions, though. First, any real difference between the Mac and V&H? I see the Mac all over ebay, and usually cheaper that the V&H (which is $320 on CycleReCycle). Also, will I have to consider changing jets? I plan to leave the stock airbox, so I don't know if the new pipes will affect my fuel or not. Thanks.
    If all you do is change the pipe with no intake mods you'll probably be alright on the jetting. The V&H is probably a little higher quality.

Comment

Originally posted by qslim

I have the vance an hines on my 850, Its a very good quality pipe,with a nice sound,I have made NO jetting changes,as I use the stock airbox setup, It runs fine.Quality of the pipe is top notch.If you shop around (on the net)I have seen that pipe for 290 or a little less.

Comment

I prefer the V&H pipe. I'm assuming you want the chrome megaphone?
        As with any exhaust mod, test and get some plug reads. If the motor's flowing better, the plugs will lean out some. Depends on throttle position and the reads as to what jetting needs to be done.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

New V&H system listed in <www.denniskirk.com> catalog @ $298.95. Part number 25-440 is for '79-'81 GS850G/GL "L". I wanted the original look for my '81 GS850G, so I installed a new replacement system. Pricey though,@ $450.00. Looks good, has a welded cross-over tube, less weight than stock, easy install. If interested, go to <www.laserexhaust.com>. Good luck.

Comment

I'm running the V+H on my 700. Good quality, no issues, and no jetting was needed.

Its a nice sound too, although it is a little odd to go from stero exhaust to having it on just the right. :-D

Comment

V &amp; H

Vance & Hines is the way to go, no mistaking the sound of a V&H on a Suzuki!\\/

Comment

Working...
              X