ignition fuse cause 2 and 3 cylinders problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignition fuse cause 2 and 3 cylinders problems

would a ignition fuse cause 2 of my cylinders not to fire. were is the fuse located. I have done almost everything to get my bike running great again, could it be something as simple as this.

Originally posted by odl777
    would a ignition fuse cause 2 of my cylinders not to fire. were is the fuse located. I have done almost everything to get my bike running great again, could it be something as simple as this.
    Nope. I can only be one of three things; coil, signal generator, or ignitor. What bike again?

Comment

weres the signal generator? no ignitor have a dyna s. 1979 gs 750 thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by odl777
        weres the signal generator? no ignitor have a dyna s. 1979 gs 750 thanks for the reply.
        You don't have a signal generator either then, the Dyna is self contained. Either a bad coil or bad connection on the Dyna.

Comment

possibly a bad dyna or no? i'll check all the conection this weekend, switched coils and it ran great fopr a while but started doing the same thing. thanks for the help i sure hope its a bad connection thanks again.

Comment

Almost certainly a bad coil or one of the Dyna sensors.
            Swap the black and white wires from the Dyna sensors to the coils. Remove plugs and ground them to the head. Slowly rotate the crank CW with the larger nut. If the spark follows the swap, bad sensor.
            Be sure the plug caps are clean/tight and the leads are in good condition.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

if it is a bad sensor what would i need to do. its a brand new dyna s, along with coils and wires. thanks

Comment

I would get the dyna or some late model coils from a Bandit, GSX, RF900 The 25 year old coils need to be replaced

Comment

yeah i have two sets of coils accel coils and dyna 2.2 coils. I know everyone say not to use 2.2 coils but i think they almost range to 3 ohms. But i still dont think my coils are the problem unless both sets went bad. thanks for the reply any suggestions on the dyna s?

Comment

A new Dyna system shouldn't have a bad sensor but anything is possible. That test I mentioned will tell you if it's a bad sensor. Any chance you have a poor connection? Much more likely with a new system. Check things.
                    Your bike MUST use the GREEN 3 ohm Dyna coils. Don't use any other. That could cause damage to the sensors. Call Dyna if you have questions too. They've always been good on the phone.
                    Do you have the installation/trouble shooting info that comes with their system?
                    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

yeah i have all of the stuff. i have tried to call dyna s for three days and no answer just a leave a message and i will get back to you. Well i ran the 2.2 coils for about 3 days and ran great never better, than i went to pop a wheely and it pulled awsome! but i went to the other end of town and tried doing it again and it just bogged down and died. I had ran out of gas. Well put some new gas in her and bam ran great again and then started to only run on 2 cyclinders. I have cleaned carbs and plugs petcock and swapped coils i hope it is just a bad connection. I'll see this weekend, i almost wonder if everyones gs 750 is as fast as mine because dang she runs. thanks

Comment

OK. Check their trouble shooting info and please use the green 3.3 ohm coils. They're color coded for a reason. You shouldn't use their 2.2 coils with that system. Too little resistance will damage the sensors.

Comment

I am not trying to argue in anyway, but racing jake said he has used dyna s with 2.2 coils and has experienced no problems, i also thought that a 2.2 coils just ment they wouldn't cool as fast and may overheat and ruin the coils. But i am still gonna go with your advice will accel 3 ohm work? thanks for the help i appreciate it.

Comment

Yes, any 3 ohm coil will work. Some are designed to provide higher than stock voltage.
                            Even though you say you had trouble getting through to Dyna, I'd try again. Nobody should know their products as well as them. I believe they'll tell you what ohm rated coils to use with the Dyna S and why.

Comment

Thanks for all the info have a good one mate

Comment

Working...
                              X