Can anyone help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone help???

I got a 81 750L I installed a Mac 4 into 1 exhaust,and did a Dynojet stage 3 jetting kit (with a 130 jet) with open air cleaners (pods). I have a cackling noise @ the colecter pipe when I speed up and let off gas to stop. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Originally posted by muskrat
    I got a 81 750L I installed a Mac 4 into 1 exhaust,and did a Dynojet stage 3 jetting kit (with a 130 jet) with open air cleaners (pods). I have a cackling noise @ the colecter pipe when I speed up and let off gas to stop. Any ideas what could be causing this?
    Sounds like you're a little lean on the pilot screws. Adjust them for the highest, smoothest idle. Did you synch the carbs?

Comment

no not yet just got them installed just wanted to see if it still run. And how it will run.

Comment

Originally posted by muskrat
        no not yet just got them installed just wanted to see if it still run. And how it will run.
        Synch first, then check your idle mixture, then recheck the synch. It could be either/or, or both.

Comment

Like Billy said, adjust your mixture screws for best idle, then synch before trying to tune the jetting.
          Also, the header gaskets should be replaced with any pipe change and torqued correctly/uniformly. Leaky gaskets will cause decel' popping.
          Your stage 3 kit will also supply different air jets, pilot jets. You can try mixture screw adjustments, but larger pilot jets/air jets are generally required.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X