GS450L Electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450L Electrical

I tried to hook up my front brake switch the other day and ended up blowing the fuse. I disconnected the wires and put a new fuse in and POOF, blew that fuse. WTF? Any suggestions? I can't find my manual right now so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

SamuraiMacLeod

Originally posted by SamuraiMacLeod
    I tried to hook up my front brake switch the other day and ended up blowing the fuse. I disconnected the wires and put a new fuse in and POOF, blew that fuse. WTF? Any suggestions? I can't find my manual right now so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

SamuraiMacLeod
    If this is happening without the bike running and the switch on you have a short somewhere. Either a wire has become disconnected or a cut wire is making contact somewhere.

Comment

HMmmm

Seems one of the wires to my back left signal is broken but is neither part is touching metal. Is is just being disconnected causing it?

SamuraiMacLeod

Comment

Originally posted by SamuraiMacLeod
        Seems one of the wires to my back left signal is broken but is neither part is touching metal. Is is just being disconnected causing it?

SamuraiMacLeod
        That shouldn't cause it if it is not grounding. You have to have something grounding out to blow the fuse like that.

Comment

Stator

What is a stator? I read something on another thread about the stator but can't find a listing on alphasport so I know what it looks like.

SamuraiMacLeod

Comment

It's under the left side crank case cover. It's what generates the electrical power. It puts out AC voltage that he R/R converts to DC. If the motor isn't running when the fuse blows I doubt it's your problem. You can check it for shorts by finding the leads for it under your gas tank. With an ohmmeter place the positive probe on each of the yellow wires and the negative to ground on the stator cover. You shouldn't get a reading. If you do then the stator is shorting.

Comment

Working...
            X