No announcement yet.

Still overcharging!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boondocks et al., you are indeed correct regarding the wiring, and I do have it wired correctly. I just now re-read my post and realized I put "green" wire and really meant the "black" wire. I had a brain fart.

Indeed, I do have the GREEN wire to the - terminal of the battery and it's the BLACK wire that I couldn't decide where to hook up.

Now for the latest..... when I came home I decided to tap the black wire to the orange/red wire coming from the fusebox. It sees battery V minus 0.2V - the strongest V reading on the bike, reading taken from across the - terminal of battery and first wire junction in the orange/red wire's path. This wire receives voltage only when the ignition switch is on.

And the R/R functions properly.

And the lights function properly...... same as before. But what I can't get over is the weird voltages I am seeing at the fuel gauge sender wires and rear tail light wires. How I'm seeing only 8V at these places, while the component functions just fine and dandy.

Rustybronco..... I await your response on this one, it sounds as if you have something up your sleeve. We will catch this rat, severely mame and injur it, become best freinds with it after it's full recovery, then attend it's marriage, where we will discuss these events and others will it's parents, aunts, uncles, cousins and anatomically incorrect step-brother.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2006, 11:13 PM.

Comment

crc1214, with the key on (engine not running) head light and tail light on, voltage measured across negative and positive at the battery 11.55v. voltage measured from battery negative post to orange wire 9.97v .
      I won't get to measure the voltage across each connection until saturday to see if there are any bad connections that could be causing the 1.5v drop, which there probably is (it should not be more than .1-.2v if i were to guess) if the wire size of the bike is sized correctly and all connections are clean and tight there should be very little voltage drop from the battery to the tail light.
      I'll keep you posted (tomorrow is my birthday) in the mean time check your connections (especially the grounds), clean them and see if the voltage rises.

nothing up my sleeve sorry. but there is a reason for the low voltage and we will find it!
      Last edited by rustybronco; 04-14-2006, 12:26 AM.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Working...
      X