Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tested my battery. Check my numbers please!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel?

those numbers sound right on the money for a functioning battery and charge system.

Maybe you have a fuel flow problem if it's stalling after high revs. Large throttle openings = low vaccuum = fuel tap may not be opening properly, or sticking in the closed position. Try testing with the tap on "prime" i.e. bypassing the vaccuum operation, and also make sure your fuel tank and carb air vent lines are not blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by rckrzy1
      Exactly, so be careful when checking those stator output lines, it's enough to shock you good or bad depending .
      LOL! I was was worried man! I thought you were getting 90V at the battery! I kept thinking of two scenarios - either the battery was so boiled dry at this point that the plastic casing would just melt away....... or..... if you had a sealed battery you may have soon been the first GSR member to ever have a battery uquipped ejection seat! BOOM!!

Not to get off track.. but you bring up something I've always wondered.... is a volt a volt a volt, or does AC have to be converted to DC in order to shock you?

Comment

Originally posted by rkubik
        those numbers sound right on the money for a functioning battery and charge system.

Maybe you have a fuel flow problem if it's stalling after high revs. Large throttle openings = low vaccuum = fuel tap may not be opening properly, or sticking in the closed position. Try testing with the tap on "prime" i.e. bypassing the vaccuum operation, and also make sure your fuel tank and carb air vent lines are not blocked.
        By "tap" are you referring to the petcock?

I'm pretty sure my carbs were a little dirty, but with some Berryman's B-12 in the tank, she's running smooter everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by crc1214
          LOL! I was was worried man! I thought you were getting 90V at the battery! I kept thinking of two scenarios - either the battery was so boiled dry at this point that the plastic casing would just melt away....... or..... if you had a sealed battery you may have soon been the first GSR member to ever have a battery uquipped ejection seat! BOOM!!

Not to get off track.. but you bring up something I've always wondered.... is a volt a volt a volt, or does AC have to be converted to DC in order to shock you?

Both shock but AC is worse on you and your heart. DC normally is kept
          to lower voltage so most think DC won't shock But I can feel 48V and have been shocked with 96VDC accross my arm, not good. FYI the higher the frequency the worse , as in RF burns badly.

Comment

Well, Because the question is asked, AC and DC will both give you a poke. Think about putting a key in a power outlet...not good. Voltage is Voltage, but thats not what you need to worry about with electricity. Static Electricity from shuffling your feet is about 150,000 volts. I forget what it takes to make an arc jump a 1/4 inch...think its 100,000 volts. What hurts is the current...which is the measurement of "flow" of electricity.

Comment

I always thought it was the amps that get ya.

I have a Golden Axe arcade machine in my house, and I got quite a jolt when I grazed something on the back of the monitor while cleaning it out. I took a nap for a while after that.

Comment

Working...
              X