reposting unanswered exhaust queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reposting unanswered exhaust queries

Reposting my unanswered question on exhaust replacement. Bet some of youse gots the answers.

Hope this hasn't been previously beaten to death.

I am looking for a future update to my 1981 GS 850G exhaust system.

I am interested in a 4 into 2 if possible & that looks like MAC,...but they list all systems for the 850 as covering '79-80 only.

Looking at other makes, such as Vance & Hines & others, their 4 into 1 listings do cover the '81 model.

So the question is are these units in some way different than the MACs?
    or,

Is the '80 limit on the MAC systems really not true?-how would the other makers get a fit if the engines are different?

Way back I contacted MAC & I got a brief & quick reply stating their units actually would fit the '81, but perhaps they meant with modifications????
    Any knowledge out there on this issue??
    Thanks again,

DH

The passanger pegs are different on 81 You will probably need to modify the muffler bracket

Comment

Go to Exotic Sportbike, they have the best price i've seen so far. The brand name is Yama. I did some checking and it's supposed to fit all years. It just might, nothing is welded. 4 seperate head pipes, the crossover is seperate and the 2 mufflers. Looks like it comes with all the clamps and gaskets to.

Comment

exhaust '81 GS 850 G ?

Thanks. will report any info worth reporting.

DH

Comment

I have a MAC pipe for the TSCC 750/1100 on my 1000G, anything is possible with a little elbow grease.

Comment

anything is possible

Hey Leon, well I was hoping if anything it would just require drilling out the mounting holes on the exhaust a wee bit to make them fit. Maybe the other pipes already come with larger holes. That's why it is a question specific to this model bike & these particular replacement pipes.

Thanks

DH

Comment

dead end at "Exotic Sportbikes"

Dennis, went to the site, No "YAMA" exhaust. Only listing for my bike might be the 4 into 1 listed for GS750. Did you really find a 4 into 2 for 81 GS 850G there?

DH

Comment

Working...
              X