No announcement yet.

Oil Leak Tach Cable 81 GS850G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, don't have a welder here SOOOOO, How should I extract this small broken off flush screw from the head? Smaller than screw drill bit then try to reverse out???

Comment

I brought it to a weld shop and gave them $10.00 and it took him 5 minutes to put a spot weld on it.

Comment

Weld shop said they did not have the stuff to weld aluminum?? I found some reverse drill bits at the autoparts store but it is REAL SLOW GOING!!

Comment

I'm thinking maybe it would be fairly simple to make a small angled bracket attached to one or two of the valve cover bolts. The bracket would then be bent at the correct angle to retain the tach cable fitting.

This should work because you don't need a lot of force to keep the tach cable fitting in there -- just something to keep it from vibrating loose.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Well I found the SECOND speed on my drill and with a 5mm REVERSE drill bit I could only find at VIP Autoparts the sucker camne RIGHT out!! Bought the replacement parts 2 seals, retain plate, and screw for $5 total!! I am a happy not poluting man!!

Comment

Working...
            X