82 gs1100gk saddle bag mounting locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs1100gk saddle bag mounting locations

I'm looking for someone to send me pics of the saddle bag and trunk bracket mounting locations for an 82 gs1100gk. Thanks alot.

I have some pictures like that. Will email.
    Here is one, I have a few.

May exactly serve your purpose, but are the pics that I have from when bike was apart.
    Last edited by Redman; 04-12-2006, 08:37 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Maybe some description might help.
      Attatch on 3 points per side:
      - Bolt to rear of passenger peg, bolt goes thru peg mounting plate and muffler tab.
      - Upper shock mount.
      - Bolt under/ below seat as far back on frame as can go (hard to describe.)

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

What i'm doing is fitting a set from a 1100gk to my 850glz. I fitted them yesterday and I have to grind off a couple brackets and reweld them at a slightly different angle. The problem i have... even with everything screwed together off of the bike...the rear mount on the side bag brackets looks like it attaches to the bracket on the bike where the directional lights would be. That's where the trunk bracket is supposed to mount....I think. The side brackets don't line up with the same hole. I know I have to move the bracket for the peg mount...it's about 1/2" to high...that just figures only because it's my bike. It's the rear mount that has me a little confused.I'm wondering if the GK has a different mount for the directional than my GLZ.

Comment

On GK the lights on the bags are THE directional lights.

I'll see if I can get you better pics of the mountings this weekend.

Comment

Sounds like you are pretty good with a welder, so the following may not suit you.

Welding is not available for everyone, and that included me when I wanted to hang a set of bags on my G. I bought a pair of Vetter bags for the purpose.

The Suzuki tail mount/rear carrier is a MUST. Even on the G, which is very similar to the GK, I had fun, but I used 1/4 inch thick flat steel to make everything fit. Drillet it where necessary and cut to fit. The mount points were wierd, as the bags were originally intended for a Kawasaki, so the backs had to be chopped away, aluminum sheet rivetted in place, then fibreglassed and painted. Rubber washers helped a lot there...thick ones, very much like a wide diameter heater hose.

The carrier did not like the G front bolt placements, and required the extension plates at the bottom. The top and back parts lined up.

The G tail light stalks were removed from the frame and a small extension plate made for them, to move them back about 3 inches. This allowed them to be remounted and fit into the cavity in the back of the Vetter bags. No wiring changes were needed. The extension plates were locked into the original lamp mount hole and a second bolt was added between them to brace and keep them from drooping.

All this sounds like it would be highly visible, but it wasn't. A close look would easily show that it had been made up, but on the road, or usually even when parked, no one noticed, and I got compliments on the appearance.
            Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
            X