Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a seat from a GS550L fit a GS1100L - both '82's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a seat from a GS550L fit a GS1100L - both '82's?

I need a seat and pan for my project '82 1100L and see one for a 550 on ebay right now. Anybody know if they fit? Bikebandit doesn't list seats for the 550L (that I can find) so I couldn't match part numbers there.
    Chris

seat

I am going to say no, I know the same thing in a 1981 will not work, I tried.... DOH

Comment

This is a bit of a long shot, but give it a try it can't hurt: Go to www.saddlemen.com and click on the "seats for older street bikes" page. Then click on the LTD seat foam and cover replacement kits for Suzuki. See of the replacement Travalcade/Saddlemen kit for your bike has the same part number as one or more other bikes year/size/model. If it does, chances are that the OEM seats will also be interchangeable.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions - based on the Saddlemen saddleskin numbers they aren't the same I'll just have to keep watching Ebay - A lightly beat up one went by last week while I was out of town, double bummer. I nead the whole seat since my pan is rusted and cracked.

The local salvage guys want almost $200 for a descent seat. More than I can justify right now.

Comment

Here you go.
          Just spotted it on eBay this morning.

Good luck.
          Al
          1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
          2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
          2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Working...
          X