gear shift oil seal leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gear shift oil seal leak

i have a old suzuki and the oil seal on tge gear shifter was leaking so i replaceed it but its still leaking is theere anything i ca nput on that to stop it . thanks

fdg

could i try some make your own gasket or something to smeer in there to stop it

Comment

The clutch push rod sear is the first one to go bad. Go and change the push rod seal Then see if it still leaks

Comment

Same Problem here

Originally posted by local boy
        i have a old suzuki and the oil seal on tge gear shifter was leaking so i replaceed it but its still leaking is theere anything i ca nput on that to stop it . thanks
        Same Problem here, It still leaks, I don't want to remove the cover without a solution in my hands because I can only work on the bike the weekends, when all the Motorbike shops are closed.
        Someone proposed me to glue another seal to the seal already installed to solve the problem, seems to be what we mention here in Argentina as "Atalo con alambre" solution (to bind something with metallic wire for a quick short range "solution"). I hate this style of "solving" the problems, and I would like to get it fixed so I would not leak again for another... 26 years [-o<

Comment

Originally posted by local boy
          You need to make sure that the shaft itself is "REAL" clean and has no burrs or build up. If it does take some fine sandpaper and make it real smooth so that when you put the new seal in that you have put a little oil on it won't tear up the new seal and it should take care of the leak. Also make sure that where the seal makes contact with the shaft that it doesn't have any grooves. If it does you need to get a new gear shift shaft.

Comment

Working...
          X