Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toymechanic.
    Keith,

Yes you shouldn't toot your own horn. Because in a post a month or so ago about my hesitation I mentioned putting the 1/8" plastic spacer on bottom and no one had the presences of mind to say that it goes on the bottom. I not trying to be an ******* or anything because I am thankful for everyones help on this site. But that would have saved me a lot of headache and time.
    And just for the record I looked up that other thread you mentioned.
    I didn't respond to it. Probably because I missed it or just wasn't around. So that gets me off the blame list. Beep-beep!
    Also, in this thread, you had the problem still on the 14th. I responded on the 17th and included the correct cure in part of my reply. 3 days later you said you fixed it on your own. So for 3 days you had the cure to read about.
    If you were as attentive to every word of our replies as you expect us to be of yours, you would have saved time and repaired it sooner.
    And as mentioned, advice here is free and taken from people who only wish to help as best they can. I take my personal time and I honestly try to figure out the problems of total strangers. I want to get their bike running again. I know what it's like to have problems with your bike.
    Actually, advice here isn't always free. I've contributed to the GSR from '02 through the end of '05. So I'VE PAID to give advice to YOU!
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Here ya go Keith, toot that baby. You're allowed to!!!

:-D :-D
      Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
      "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
      1982 GS1100E
      1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Consider it tooted. Oh hell, it's Friday. Let's toot it again!
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Keith,

I apologize for my response! You guys are right. MY BAD!!
          Last edited by Guest; 04-21-2006, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Just another suggestion here, even though it appears that you have it "fixed".

Why are you running the highest octane you can find at the pump? Unless you have modified the bike extensively (and you say it is stock), you don't need anything higher than the LOWEST octane you can find. Depending on just how the bike is run, the higher octane will not burn completely and will leave deposits on the valves or piston. These deposits can retain heat and glow, which will ignite the fuel before the spark, leading you to believe that you "need" premimum fuel. I had to shell out BIG buck$ a couple of years ago on my Kawasaki Voyager because of deposits on the piston that bent a valve. No, I was not running premium, I had a valve adjustment problem that allowed the deposits to build, but it does illustrate what else the deposits can do.

So, make sure your upper cylinders are clean, then experiment a bit. Run through half a tank of premium, fill with Plus grade so it's half and half. Run that a while to see if there are any problems. Next tank, run straight mid-grade. If no problems, mix another half a tank of regular. If still no problems (and I suspect there won't be) try a full tank of regular. The cost savings are rather amazing at about 20 cents per gallon if you ride as much as I do.
            sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

toymechanic...I'm just glad your bike is running good. Enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
              X