costing a fortune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

costing a fortune

my gs750 is costing me loads in spark plugs,when new plugs are put in it runs on all 4,then one will stop firing so replace plug fires again back on 4,then a different pot will stop,again new plug back on 4,this happens till every plug has been replaced then it starts all over again,got me stumped,this happens over a couple of weeks riding

I assume the plugs are black and sooty, or black and shiny?
    If wet, do they dry up completely when out in the air?
    Any specific throttle position that makes it worse or is this just after "general" riding around town?
    What year 750?
    Any intake or exhaust mod's?
    Any re-jetting been done?
    Any oil burning?
    What plugs are you running?
    Have you checked a few of the "basics"? Compression...clean air filter(s)...clean plug cap connections...ignition timing...correct mixture screw settings...?
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I'm off to work now, but will try to help later if still needed.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by chazz
        my gs750 is costing me loads in spark plugs,when new plugs are put in it runs on all 4,then one will stop firing so replace plug fires again back on 4,then a different pot will stop,again new plug back on 4,this happens till every plug has been replaced then it starts all over again,got me stumped,this happens over a couple of weeks riding
        Either wet black oily plugs means you need rings and or valve seals, or clean wet "gas" fouled plugs means you have a bad needle and seat(s) in your carbs. You think it's costing you a fortune in spark plugs, wait till you decide to rebuild engines and or carbs......... ****CHA-CHING !*****

Comment

Your plugs are not the problem. Only the symptom.

Comment

Working...
          X