1982 GS1100E wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS1100E wiring

Hey guys I just got a 500 dollar GS1100E and there seems to be no power to the headlight plug but power at the fuse box. The turn signal switch works fine, and the Hi beam light on the dash works, (however the idiot light for the headlight--above the blue hi beam light-- doesnt seem to light up at all) There just is no power to the plug. The former owner had an issue with the charging system so all of that has been replaced. He did have to cut a melted connector out and splice the wires together, which all seem to have continuity across them. Following My wiring diagram keeps taking me to the "Check Panel Control Unit" which I cant seem to locate on the bike. There is a dead end in the harness above the carb area with two big plugs one male and one female that are not hooked up, could this be where the "Check Panel Control Unit" used to live?? see the pic. THanks guys.
    OOPS!! Iwill have to scale down the pic and post it.

Yes, thats where it belongs. Look thru the schematics in the OEM section at BikeBandit.com. That'll give you a idea everytime.
    Aaa melted connector with funny values sounds unhealthy. The insides of the fusebox corrode heavily also. Bike Bandit will have alot of the stuff you need.

Comment

pics

Here are some pics
      Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2006, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Ha!! you just got this from a guy in Marysville, Wa.? Or are you the guy selling it on ebay for $600.

Comment

Nope

Actualy I bought it from a guy in Springtown PA, about 20 minutes from home.
          check the carbs out, in the pic.\\/ and by the way I just checked the giant box of parts that came with the bike (containing the airbox and headlight, etc.. and presto I found the control box, now I will see if it works. .[-o<thanks for your help

Comment

well it seems to work, didnt start the motor yet (New baby next door) but when I turned the key on ALL the idiot lights came on ( unlike before) and the headlight works so I guess I will button everything up and mount the box, test ride tomorrow, morning. Now to post and see if any1 has a stock rear gas tank mount, as there is a home made one on there now. and it has no front seat mount and is also just flat. If I had measurements I could make one. well that is a different post.
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X