Hi there stupid ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there stupid ?

I am looking for a headlight bucket is this the same as headlamp housing? I have a 1978 gs750 that had a windshield on it, I removed it and now need the workings to put the headlight in..... Sorry if this is a stupid question....
    Just a girl itching to ride her bike...
    Charlotte

Not a stupid question. Bucket and housing mean the same thing.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks .... is there any other name it is called? when looking for parts where should I look?

Comment

What year/model bike? You might get lucky and find out you can still get it from the Suzuki delaership. Or check e-bay often, and one will come up for your bike. From Reno, eh? I'm just down the way in Washoe Valley.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

i have a 1978 suzuki gs750.... I have tried ebay but I think i am the worst ebayer...lol.
          I have looked at Micheals but I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper maybe used....
          I heard I might run into you, Renobruce, here... maybe you can let me know if anything is going on around here. Thanks.

Comment

Usually, the shell around the headlight is called "bucket", or headlight shell. In a few instances, I've seen it referred to as "nacelle". For a 78 750E, you would be looking for a 7" diameter bucket for a stock headlight. (in actuality, a stock 7" bucket measures slightly larger than 7". If you cannot find one, cyclerecycle besides being a new parts source, is also a salvage yard. Its in indianapolis and their website is at http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/
            There are some headlights shown in their catalog. If you dont see what you need, call them, they have a lot of stuff that isnt shown on their webpage.
            The number is 317 634 7550. Ask for Rob, he's the owner. Mighty nice guy and very helpful.

Earl

Originally posted by charnjett
            Thanks .... is there any other name it is called? when looking for parts where should I look?
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks Earlfor.... Must be a great place, comes up often with great responses. I will give a call monday I think it said closed sunday and being the holiday wouldnt want to interrupt....

Comment

i have a 1978 suzuki gs750.... I have tried ebay but I think i am the worst ebayer...lol.
                I have looked at Micheals but I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper maybe used....
                I heard I might run into you, Renobruce, here... maybe you can let me know if anything is going on around here. Thanks.
                Not much going on until it gets a bit warmer! Should be good weather soon. I'm planning a get together this summer in July... The post is in the meetingplace forum. I'd be happy to help you with anything on your bike if you need it.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I am looking for a headlight bucket is this the same as headlamp housing? I have a 1978 gs750 that had a windshield on it, I removed it and now need the workings to put the headlight in..... Sorry if this is a stupid question....
                  Just a girl itching to ride her bike...
                  Charlotte
                  I still have the shell from my '82 750 Tz. Ill measure it on tuesday when I go to my Ex's and see if its the 7". I think it is. If so Ill let ya know.

Comment

headlamp bowl,is another term

Comment

The official name is "headlamp housing". The same part was used on 2 valve 750s & 1000s, 850s (up to 1980, maybe later). Still available new, for an obscene price!

Terry

PS I've got several kickin' around PM me if you still need one.

Comment

Working...
                      X