Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse blowing - GS850

OK Guys,

Just a quickie. Managed to reassemble one of the 850's and she'll fire up but keeps on blowing the 10a ignition fuse. I've had to pack up for the morning as I've got to go visiting my parents so i thought I'd ask for some pointers to lookm out for before I resume later today.

one thing it could be

Im pretty picky when i rebuild bikes but this even happens to me. Check out the wires to see if you have one pinched. The last time I blew out a ign fuse was when i replaced the ignition swith and bunped it against the handle bars the little ark killed the fuse. Check the back of your fuse box to make sure them connections are tight where they meet the fuse.

Pan

Comment

Does it blow while it is running? Or when it is turned off ?? If the reg was hooked to the ign circuit could get feedback --Check the voltage reg . CHeck the Ign wiring where it comes out of the engine

Comment

Thanks guys.

Had a another look at it yesterday afternoon and it looks like the tank is causing something to short intermittently so it's proving difficult to pin down without stripping the harness back. The wiring is a real carve up from a PO (I might take a picture just so you can see what I'm up against) so what I'm going to do is cut the ignition circuitry out and wire it in new pro tem, if that cures it I'll take it as an opportunity to rewire as there are probably more problems lurking hidden thanks to the PO's electrickery!

Comment

Well the fuse isn't blowing now after I pieced the ignition circuit out so it looks like there's a short hiding in the loom, happy days!.

Comment

Working...
          X