No announcement yet.

Dyna S over heating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its true that once an electronic ignition is set, it requires no further adjustment.
    Factory Suzuki electronic ignitions have no adjustment possible because the mounting holes are hold it in only one position. The Dyna is made with mounting slots and can be rotated to change timing. Any ignition that is adjustable must be correctly timed at installation.
    Everything is in the Dyna installation instructions.

Earl

Originally posted by odl777
    I could of swarn i have heard that electronic ignition don't really have to be timed because they are electronicaly timed, but i dont know. But i dont think my timing is the problem.
    Last edited by earlfor; 04-17-2006, 06:00 PM.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Well that makes more sense to me now. I had the instruction booklet i just didnt have the right tools. I had a light like it calls for but it was for too high of voltage. After i get it back form the dyna place i will for sure time it before ever running it. thanks for all the input and help

Comment

When Dynatek ships the ignitions, the left and right sensors are set in the factory to be synced to one another - so in theory once you bolt the ignition in you only have to set the backplate to get the timing correct. That's theory... in practice I ALWAYS check/set both sides.

This may sound strange, but I don't always time the bike to the timing marks. I've found on older bikes, the wear on the cam chain is significant - enough to cause the cam timing to be several degrees behind the crank. I will usually set the timing to the factory marks and ride the bike, then turn the plate a couple of degrees and ride the bike again, then a couple more degrees until I find the sweet spot for the bike - usually it's a couple of degrees from the factory mark. If your bike ever experiences any detonation (pinging) I would suggest doing this anyway.

As to 2.2 ohm coils with the Dyna-S - Dynatek is very clear about not running coils under 3.0 ohm with their Dyna-S ignitions.

Comment

I know when my piston is at TDC the timing marks are close but not dead on. That removeable timing plated with the mark is not exact but close.
          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

So living in the mile high area, I can turn my advance wya up right? I know this is true on a chevy 350, you can turn the advance way up.

Comment

Working...
            X