Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Start

Hi everyone great site,
    I have a 84 Gs750Es it leaked oil through the left side crank cover so i took it of and had it welded.
    I put everything back together and the engine won't turn over. I just hear a click from the area.
    The battery was good a week ago so I think something else is wrong. I tried pushing it in fifth gear but the back tire just skids, the ground was wet and a bit oily but should it be that hard to get the engine turning or is somthing stoping the engine from turning?
    The only other thing I can think of is that there is a floating gear from the starter to the crank that could have some how got jammed?

Try using 2nd gear and on a dry hard surface like concrete. Or put the battery on a slow charger like a 1 amp. The charger would be the preferred way to recharge the battery.

Using 5th is to high of a gear and it is easier for the tire to slide than turn the motor over.

Also check the battery cables for corrosion.

Allen

Comment

i tried first and second also same poblem also checked and cleaned the terminals and its on the charger. I think I'm going to have to open it up again.

Comment

It might be that the stator and rotor are jamming against each other. Pull the cover again and make sure there is nothing in there. Check whether it turns over without the cover/stator in place.

You might also have a starter clutch pin out of place. That's in behind the rotor.

If the motor is reluctant to turn over you can damage something by forcing it. Be careful about push starting if the starter motor won't spin it up and you know the battery is OK.

Kim

Comment

Working...
        X