gs1000 vacume lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1000 vacume lines

from what i understand there is vacume lines on each carb that run to some where on the fuel tank
    when i got the bike they were run from the carb (4 indvidual lines) straight down and not connected to any thing
    wouldd this cause the engine to run funny?
    (see post on gs1000 carb problems)
    are they supposeto run 4-2-1 then to the gas tank and where to on the gas tank
    thanks for the help
    nick

Originally posted by ninabl
    from what i understand there is vacume lines on each carb that run to some where on the fuel tank
    when i got the bike they were run from the carb (4 indvidual lines) straight down and not connected to any thing
    wouldd this cause the engine to run funny?
    (see post on gs1000 carb problems)
    are they supposeto run 4-2-1 then to the gas tank and where to on the gas tank
    thanks for the help
    nick
    The 4 lines are just vent lines. You should have a single vacuum line coming off the intake, top side of carb #2 going to the petcock.

Comment

what is the purpos of this would it cause it to run funny not hooked up?
      nick

Comment

Originally posted by ninabl
        what is the purpos of this would it cause it to run funny not hooked up?
        nick
        If the vacuum line isn't there and the port on the carb isn't plugged you will have a vacuum leak. Also the stock petcock is vacuum activated. It has a diaphram in it that when vacuum is applied allows fuel to flow. Without vacuum present at the petcock the only way fuel should flow is in the prime position which is normally used only for getting fuel to the carbs after an extended period without starting the bike. Has the bike sat for long without being ridden?

Comment

The four 1/8" lines, one connected to each float bowl bottom, are actually to collect any fuel overflow from the bowls and drain it to the ground, away from a hot motor. They're overflow lines.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Also, just checked your other thread.
            Your '79 VM carbs vacuum port to supply vacuum for the petcock is at carb #3, not #2.
            The other two nipples provide venting for the floatbowls. Their hoses must be clear and not kinked. If running pod filters, remove the vent lines and leave the nipples open for better venting.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

it is all stock as far as i know stock airbox ect.
              i think im going to try to figure the vacume line(s)
              and try to locate this pilot jet and cleane it up
              and see where i am after that i dont know much about this bike considering i just got it
              it didnot run at all when i got it considering half the wiring harness was cut in half all the plugs are firing

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
                The four 1/8" lines, one connected to each float bowl bottom, are actually to collect any fuel overflow from the bowls and drain it to the ground, away from a hot motor. They're overflow lines.
                i understant the ones coming out the bottom i have 1 coming out the side of each carb twards the top

nick

Comment

Like I said, the brass nipple coming out of carb #3 is your vacuum. The other two are floatbowl vents and are to be left open to breath.

Comment

Working...
                  X