Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easiest way to add an oil cooler to a GS750 engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easiest way to add an oil cooler to a GS750 engine...

Anyone know? I can make my own if I can learn where to get the oil from...I need a full flow setup with a HEALTHY tap...oil from this tap will need to travel through a turbo, a cooler, and then back into the motor along it's original course. Who can help me?

What year is your 750 ?? Why not get an 1100/1150 cheaper than a turbo

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      because 1100/1150's are a dime a dozen, and 750 turbos are lighter and more fun!!

the year model would be very helpfull as the oil system changed several times over the years.

I have a buddy who knows where a 850 turbo bike is available!!!

Comment

The 8 valves are easy. they have an oil galley right behind the cylinders that is easy to tap. The 16 valves are a bit harder to do, because the oil filter cover has to be changed to an aftermarket unit such as a Derale. These are no longer made of course so your only option is eBay or a junkyard. Even then I don't think it's a full flow unit. You might have to get the factory manual for your bike and drill and tap the case to find the oil pressure you need.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          If I were going to go with another engine it certainly wouldn't be a GS block...well it kinda would be...I would have a Bandit 1200 sitting in the frame. This is a backyard project...the main idea behind doing these is that you do it for free...or nearly.

Originally posted by focus frenzy
          the year model would be very helpfull as the oil system changed several times over the years.

I have a buddy who knows where a 850 turbo bike is available!!!
          I'm not sure what model it is. I'll post a pic later. I "think" it's a '78 model bike...might be '81. I've got so many bikes in my back yard it's hard to tell what's what. Anything to look for to tell me for sure?

I'm already considering altering the oil fiter housing. I could carve a 1/2" piece of billet down and tap it to serve the function and have a full flow setup...I just hoped there was an easier way.

Comment

Round chrome cam cover caps = 8 valve

Square chrome cam cover caps = 16 valve

Comment

oh these are definately round...they look like two cylinders layed across the top of the head.

Comment

Joo gots an 8 valver.

Right behind and under the cam chain tensioner is a fitting for the oil pressure idiot light. You can use one of Terry's fine adaptors (search for it) to get all the oil you need.

The oil pressure is going to be between 1 and 5 pounds on this bike so take that into consideration when you plumb your turbo. There are several people here (such as Lecroy) who know all about putting turbos on these dinosaurs. They should be able to help you alot!

Good Luck!

Comment

Yeah the low pressure is one of the reasons I went with this block instead of using one of my others...the low pressure. The seals in the turbo will hold up to it nicely.

I also like the flatslides that are on it...were they standard issue? They're handle boost a lot better (way less to seal off). The things even have metal floats...which shocked the hell out of me.

So far I've got my CB900C frame shined up pretty decent, a set of Ohlins F2 CBR forks on her, a TL1000S swingarm fitted with a 6" six-spoker from a CBR929. The brackets to mount the GS750 block in it are in the works. I'm working on the turbo manifold tonight and I should have some resemblence of results by the end of the month.

Comment

Those are not stock carbs.

So if I understand you correctly, your putting this turbo'd 750E lump into a CB900C frame?

Cool!

Post pics!

Comment

BTW, Where are you in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL
                        Joo gots an 8 valver.

Right behind and under the cam chain tensioner is a fitting for the oil pressure idiot light. You can use one of Terry's fine adaptors (search for it) to get all the oil you need.

Good Luck!
                        Someone call me? I just finished an adapter for Martin Whelan, anyone else want one? I do complete kits now too.............. Cheers, Terry.

Comment

Hahaha! LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X