misc fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

misc fluid

Ive been searching the threads and i can not find one like this.

Recently I began prepping my 750 for warm weather. I pulled the clutch and fluid poured from the chain guard area and now my clutch doest really work..not that i can get the bike to start anyhow. I can see that i need a new clutch cable to begin with so i will replace that for starters but where did this fluid come from? Also what is the 'dial-like' knob in the middle of the carbs on the bottom side towards the airbox?

Helps to know what year and model you have. The only fluid I can imagine would be motor oil. It's a wet clutch that's designed to run inside the engine/trans compartment. If you've got a manual go through the clutch adjustment procedure and let us know if that doesn't take care of the problem.

I would think the knob you're talking about is from the cam chain adjuster. It is never adjusted. It is serivced only when there are cam chain tension problems or if the cams are removed.

Comment

You are talking about the "Idle Adjustment screw/knob" on your carbs. All this does is change the RPM that your bike idles at.

You want it set between 900 and 1100 rpm after the bike has warmed up.
      If it's working fine and is adjusted right currently, don't mess with it too much.

Comment

its a 1980 gs750l..too many problems to list and the fluid evaporated in like a day..motor oil doesnt evap.

Comment

?

sounds like gas or water?

Comment

Working...
          X