Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing from faring to headlight - (headlight fit question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing from faring to headlight - (headlight fit question)

I have an '80 GS850G, and it's currently sporting a Windjammer faring. I'd like to take the faring off and keep it only for long haul rides, but I don't have any of the replacement equipment (headlight, signals) for the front end.

I found a used set from an '81 GS850, but I just need to know if they'll fit and work before I buy them. Is it feasible to put a headlight from an '81 on an '80?

It should work fine !! Any round headlite will work even the vetter one can be used if needed Just make sure to get one that uses a H4 bulb

Comment

Are you talking about just the bulb, or the whole assembly? I don't have any of it, so I just want to make sure that if I buy the headlight assembly (the part the bulb fits in), that it will mount okay on the frame of the GS. Do you know if that will work? I don't want to buy the housing and find out it's to fat/skinny/etc to mount.

Thanks!

Comment

Just watch out, L models use a smaller diameter headlight. The whole assembly should fit on other bikes, but I don't think you can mix and match brackets.

Comment

Working...
        X