Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case guard help.

Hi all,
    Ok here’s the deal, as some of you will remember I’ve been running an exhaustive search for case guards for my 1980 GS1100E. I found a set on ebay and got them for $20! However, I don’t remember the seller stating that there was no mounting hardware :-(. So, I’ve got perfectly good guards and can’t mount them. Does anyone have the mounting hardware for these? It appears they are MC guards. Or has anyone had the same problem and can tell me what I need to do to find good substitutes for the supplied hardware?
    I already have an email in to MC to see if they might have the mounting hardware. It appears that I just need longer bolts for the mounting points, but it would be nice to know the lengths to eliminate the trial and error phase.
    Thanks,
    Chuck

I was missing a few, they just needed to be longer. I took the ones I had to the fasteners place and got tempered steel bolts just a little longer... not much longer, but 1/2" maybe? there was one spacer that was an inch long, you may have to find one of those as well. the super long bolt thru the front of the engine was supplied, luckily, but you may not have one of those...?

good luck, you've gotten thru the hard part!!!

Comment

Are they 2 point or 3 point case guards?

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Mike at MC was quick to get back to me and I was able to order the hareware for $10.

Comment

Working...
        X