No announcement yet.

Kreme Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't tell that. Have you checked your in-line filter? If it's clean, maybe you could get away w/not doing it! But bad against bad isn't the best way to look at it! I know it's a kind'a long & tedious task, but if you do it now, you'll have piece of mind! And you'll know what you have! Why wait till you have no choice?

Comment

I'm definatly going to try the acetone, but what are the consequences of not re-coating the tank? As long as the tank stays full of gas, it shouldnt re-rust...
      The terrible truth is that is will continue to rust, because water will always get into our tanks. It does so in several ways:
      1. The kids are stuffing around in the garage and they decide to 'fill er up'. :-D
      2. Atmospheric water vapour is drawn into the tank as the petrol is drawn out in everyday running.
      3. Given enough time, petrol breaks down into oily crud and water.

Now, if only water floated on top of petrol, it'd be dead easy to pull off the top. But noooo, the wretched stuff is heavier than petrol, so it SINKS to the bottom of our tank, accumulates in little puddles at the lowest points, and gets to work on any unprotected metal it finds. ](*,)

Even though I've lined my tank, I still clean out the water once every year or so. And I never fail to find some of the sinister tank-munching stuff.

Mike.

Comment

Working...
      X