400 dies out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 dies out

I have a problem, don't know how sstring my bike is supposed to be but it sucks, it's a 77 gs 400 bought it for my girlfriend can't make it run right, It'll run strong? for about 15 minutes and then slowly die out but it will always stay running, since then I've put new rings and gaskets in it. Any ideas?
    thanks
    scott

Originally posted by that$pit
    I have a problem, don't know how sstring my bike is supposed to be but it sucks, it's a 77 gs 400 bought it for my girlfriend can't make it run right, It'll run strong? for about 15 minutes and then slowly die out but it will always stay running, since then I've put new rings and gaskets in it. Any ideas?
    thanks
    scott
    Coils dying? I replaced mine over the winter 'cause the bike would start and run well, but would begin to act up when fully warm. The spark was breaking down once the coils got hot. No problems since.

Comment

i've replaced with used coils still the same problems, do you know where to get new coils do they still make them?
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by that$pit
        i've replaced with used coils still the same problems, do you know where to get new coils do they still make them?
        thanks
        Don't buy the old part. I replaced mine with Dynacoils, but other folks here could give you pointers on how to choose late model OEM coils from Ebay at lesser cost. You might want to post that specific question.

Comment

Make sure you don't have a fuel problem and that you are not fouling the number 2 plug because of a petcock issue. They'll idle on one cylinder believe it or not. Check fuel filter and petcock for any restrictions.

Comment

is there a way to test coils and condensors?

Comment

Working...
            X